Sunnyvale, Calif. — July 31, 2014 – AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced the new AMD A10-7800 Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) to the component channel. This 4th generation A-Series APU with 12 Compute Cores (4CPU + 8 GPU) unlocks the APU potential with Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) features, and boasts powerful AMD Radeon™ R7 Series graphics for outstanding performance across applications. [i],[ii] Combined with AMD’s acclaimed Mantle API, the AMD A10-7800 APU can enable accelerated performance across select AMD Gaming Evolved partner titles.
– The AMD A10-7800 and A8-7600 APUs, Based on the Award-Winning Graphics Core Next Architecture, Complete the Most Advanced APU Lineup from AMD –
· Up to 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU) deliver amazing performance and responsiveness, that leverages the capability of the APU on various workloads, applications and top gaming titles
· The breakthrough new Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) allows the CPU and GPU to work together in harmony by quickly dividing and directing tasks to the appropriate cores for new levels of performance and efficiency for desktop and notebook PCs, enabling a new era of compute capabilities with compute cores
· Award-winning Graphics Core Next Architecture with AMD Radeon™ R7 series graphics and compute capability makes it a top choice for gamers who expect the best
· Support for UltraHD (4K) resolutions and new video post-processing enhancements that make 1080p videos look amazing when upscaled on an UltraHD-enabled monitor or TV
“The AMD A-Series APUs bring a superior level of gaming and compute experiences to the desktop PC,” said Bernd Lienhard, corporate vice president and general manager, Client Business Unit, AMD. “With support for AMD’s acclaimed Mantle API that simplifies game optimizations for programmers and developers to unlock unprecedented levels of gaming performance transforming the world of game development to help bring better, faster games to the PC.”
Equipped with AMD Quick Stream, AMD Steady Video and AMD TrueAudio technologies, the AMD A-Series APUs combine to deliver lifelike audio and video[iv]. Utilizing a configurable thermal design power option (cTDP), enthusiasts are now able to fine-tune for efficiency. In addition, AMD also announced the introduction of the AMD A8-7600 and AMD A6-7400K APUs, ideal for consumers looking to upgrade their application and work experience on the PC. With the unifying FM2+ infrastructure for AMD APUs, users are enabled to build smaller form factors for gaming and home theatre PC (HTPC) systems.
In addition with AMD Radeon™ memory, users can benefit from AMD AMP technology to help boost their gaming experience with the AMD Radeon™ R9 2400 Gamer Series memory which has been tested and certified for AMD A10 APUs[vi],[vii].The AMD A-Series APUs are now available worldwide from select e-tailers, retailers and system integrators.
· Learn more about AMD APUs: AMD A-Series APUs
· Learn more about Technologies: AMD Mantle API
· Learn more about AMD Memory: AMD Radeon™ Memory
· Learn more about AMD Applications: AMD Developer Central
· Follow AMD on Facebook
· Follow @AMDAPU on Twitter
AMD (NYSE: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favourite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.