31. Dezember 2020 – EK®, the leading computer cooling solutions provider, releases a premium high-performance GPU water block for the Founders Edition NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 30 Series graphics cards. The new water block is named EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3070 and it’s exclusively engineered for the RTX 3070 Founders Edition GPUs. It comes in two versions, with Plexi and Acetal top, where the Acetal one has no RGB whatsoever.
EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3070 Water Block for NVIDIA RTX 3070 GPUs
EK-Quantum Vector RTX FE 3070 water block is compatible with Founders Edition GeForce RTX 3070 graphics cards. It is purpose-designed with a much thicker copper base to clear the tall components on the card. This kind of design also allows the terminal to be screwed directly onto the copper cold plate of the GPU block, making it more rigid and reducing the chances of damaging the water block. EK-Quantum Vector RTX FE 3070 features a unique acrylic terminal located in the far end of the GPU, making the whole enclosure slimmer and perfect for small form factor cases.
This Vector water block directly cools the GPU, VRAM, and the VRM (voltage regulation module) as a cooling liquid is channeled right over these critical areas. The water block is in contact with MOSFETs and chokes to maximize cooling and minimize the chances of coil whine. It also features optimized flow paths that reduce hydrodynamic instabilities and vortexing (dead spots) inside of them.
EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3070 D-RGB – Nickel + Plexi
The EK-Quantum Vector FE Series water blocks use an Open Split-Flow cooling engine design, which proved to be a superior solution for GPU water blocks. It is characterized by low hydraulic flow restriction, meaning it can be used with weaker water pumps or pumps running on low-speed settings and still achieve top performance. The jet plate and fin structure geometry have been optimized to provide even flow distribution with minimal losses and optimal performance when used in any given coolant flow orientation.
Current Compatibility List for EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3070 Water Block
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
We recommend that you refer to the EK Cooling Configurator for a precise compatibility match. We are checking compatible graphics cards and adding them to the database daily.
EK recommends the purchase of a retention backplate, which improves the overall aesthetics of your graphics cards, and also provides additional passive cooling for the GPU core and backside of the printed circuit board VRM section.
Availability and Pricing
The EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3070 water blocks and backplates are made and assembled in Slovenia, Europe and are available for pre-order through the EK Webshop or EK Partner Reseller Network. These water blocks are expected to ship out in late January. In the table below you can see the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP).
- EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3070 D-RGB – Nickel + Plexi | 144.90€
- EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3070 – Nickel + Acetal | 139.90€
- EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3070 Backplate – Black | 34.90€
- EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3070 Backplate – Nickel | 39.90€